A Feel-good, Heart-shaped, Portable Project to Make by Hand
If you ❤️ LOVE ❤️ . . .
- Felted Wool Applique on Quilting Cotton
- Portable, Finish-able Projects
- Hand stitching and crafting
- Whimsical Designs; Collect Them All!
- Bright and Cheery Colors
- Meaningful Gifts
- Techniques that are More Crafty than Quilty
- Delightful to Make
- A Way to Spread a Little Kindness
The Story behind HEART FULLS
Through the Embroiderers' Guild of America (EGA), I was inspired by a program to make and donate hand-stitched hearts for local hospice organizations.
At about the same time, I became obsessed with a few different heart-shaped projects, and I started experimenting--with technique, with design, and with purpose.
A long-ago conversation with my good friend, the late Joan Hawley, popped into my mind and wouldn't let go. Back then, she suggested that the bird blocks from The FLOCK could become ornaments. Stiff Stuff, part of the Lazy Girl interfacing collection, could be the internal support for that proposed concept. The plan to convert FLOCK blocks to ornaments never materialized, and isn't in the cards. However . . .
The heart shape came later. Birds, flowers, nature, and mythical spirituality have become on-going themes as the inspiration for the designs.
At their inception, the Heart Fulls were simply a personal project, but the bright colors, whimsical designs, and easy felted-wool-applique-on-cotton technique combined with a passion for making hearts during a time of tumultuous world events. All factors seemed to collide to propel Heart Fulls toward a broader distribution of patterns and kits to share with you.
Whether you make Heart Fulls for yourself or for gifts, or if you connect with your local hospice, I think you'll enjoy making the fun designs.
What are Heart Fulls and what are they for?
Oddly enough, the seeds of this idea began with a pattern for a sunflower pin I created in support of Ukraine in early 2022.
Using the same concept, I enlarged the heart and added wool applique designs on quilters cotton.
One thing lead to another and to make a long story longer, the designs inside the larger, approximately 6" hearts include joyful images from nature and everyday life.
While originally created as a gift for hospice residents, they seem suited to just about any occasion or decor.
- Bridal Shower
- Package Decorations
- Hostess Gift
- Teacher Gift
Heart Fulls are For YOU if . . .
- You enjoy crafts as much as you enjoy quilting
- Wool applique is your jam
- Small, portable projects that finish fast and travel well make you feel successful
- Appreciate exceptional materials that ensure an irresistible result
- Bright and cheerful colors lift you up!
- Whimsical designs make your soul giggle
- Making something from your heart adds meaning to your stitching
- Expanding your stitchy creativity brings you joy!
** Build your hearts with easy-to-follow Step-by-step online tutorials **
Two Options to Buy
1) Download each Pattern Instantly and Use Your Stash
Download the Pattern Right Now and Get Started.
Detailed patterns with full color illustrations and full-sized templates to download. Raid your wool and quilting cotton stash to get started
2) Let me Curate a Kit for You
Kits in a variety of color-ways are available for each pattern/kit. New kits added periodically
What's in the kit?
The kit includes:
- Premium quality Felted Wool
- Quilt Shop Quality Cotton
- Stiff Interfacing
- Light Woven interfacing
- Light Fusible Web
The kit does NOT include:
- Perle Cotton Threads for Embellishment
- Embroidery/Milliner Needles
Each kit contains enough materials to make TWO 6" hearts - one for you and one to give away. Leave the details to me, and jump right into the stitching when your kit arrives.
Collect all the Designs
New designs are released periodically. Add to your collection and make them all.