About a month or two ago, a blue and yellow budgie parakeet flew into our yard. Sadly, someone lost a pet. Budgies originate from Australia. It should not have been flying into our yard. Somehow, the hungry and thirsty guy managed to make is way into a travel bird cage we had on hand. The rest is history.
Gillie had his first check up with the avian veterinarian last week. He's got a clean 'bill' of health and has officially joined the flock in the Ford household.
His visit got me thinking about some of the lessons I've learned since his arrival into our yard, our home, and our hearts. Just for fun, I thought I'd share some of those lessons . . .
- Start every day by kissing yourself in the mirror. If you don't love you, how is anyone else going to?
- If you misbehave, you might end up getting your wings clipped.
- A full food dish, fresh water, and a few entertaining toys can keep you happy and busy for a long time, even in 'lock-down.'
- A spirited debate is healthy from time to time. The bird in the mirror always agrees with you, and at the end of the debate, you can take a nap.
- Moving to a new home can be stressful and scary. But it can also be a very good thing in the end, especially if you're one lucky bird.
- Visit your doctor regularly. You never know when you might have picked up a parasite or two.
- Singing a happy tune can lift your spirits. It can also make others who hear you happy, too. It certainly can't hurt.
Puffy Pin Cushion #27
This week's finish brings in another bright color combination on the top and bottom, coordinating with those same tipsy cocktail glasses in bright colors on a dark background.
Eventually this one will be auctioned to benefit a community program. This week, it's waiting patiently for its turn.
Lucky 13 to go.
Citrus Punch was the first Pin Cushion to be put up for bid on ebay. The auction ended last evening. Final results were not available at 'press time.'
Proceeds will benefit The Red Cross and wildfire relief in the western US.
You get the pin cushion,
the featured organization gets the proceeds.
This week's auctions
These new pin cushion auctions should be live right now. Click on the photo or the link below it to join the action. Proceeds will again benefit The Red Cross and Wildfire Disaster Relief.
If you don't have an ebay account, and you want in on the auction, go to ebay.com. At the very top of the page you can either sign in or register. If you click on 'register' follow the steps to open an ebay account and start bidding.
You can still make your own four-patch pin cushions. For the step-by-step tutorial, jump over to the blog and scroll down to the first Puffy Fours post from March 5. That's when I started, about the same time the world was shutting down to contain COVID 19. And that'll bring you to the beginning of the four-part tutorial.