My BIG NEWS for today is something I've been working on for quite some time.
Mia Rosa is still available and it still counts toward your prerequisite toward future online Stitchery Crossover courses from the Hummingbird Highway.
What's New, Then?
A second prerequisite course was created based on feedback from the original Mia Rosa project and
. . .drumroll, please! . . .
It's available NOW!
Piazza, is a lighter version of the introductory technique course.
Wait . . . what?
The second introductory Stitchery Crossover technique course is called Piazza.
Here are some details:
- Mia Rosa with its fully-loaded kit full of specially-selected supplies is still available with no significant changes.
- Piazza, the second, lighter version of the Stitchery Crossover technique class also qualifies as a prerequisite for future Stitchery Crossover courses
- Either Mia Rosa OR Piazza satisfy the prerequisite, not both
Whats different about Piazza?
- The stitched elements for Piazza are 100% cross stitch, which means only one form of stitching is involved in the course--a relief, perhaps, to those new to the stitching side of this project.
- The Piazza stitch chart is smaller and only involves one floss color. That means, in theory, participants will get to the Crossover technique quicker.
- The required kit included with the Piazza course includes only the most essential supplies--One each of the three needles, one skein of floss, two small spools of quilting thread, one spool of 60-wt. sewing thread, and the quilting and stitching fabric.
If you're interested in learning the Stitchery Crossover technique without as significant an investment in time and supplies, perhaps Piazza is a perfect fit for you!
Plus, to celebrate the new course, I have special introductory pricing that will only last for a few short days.
A Specially-designed Project
I'm a quilter, not a stitchery designer; however, I created this simple chart just for this course.
Piazza (shown on the left) is the second, light version, Stitchery Crossover introductory course.
It has an easy cross-stitched center and border.
The Piazza chart (created here on the Hummingbird Highway) isn't available anywhere else.
What's Included in the Piazza course?
- The Piazza stitch chart, downloaded from inside the course
- Stitching tips and close-up photo details
- Detailed instructions to turn the stitched motif and border into an 'official' Stitchery Crossover quilt block
- Finishing options that include a 9" square table topper/mug mat, along with suggestions for additional projects using the chart.
- A Lite Piazza Kit which includes two kinds of fabric (stitching and quilting fabric), three small spools of thread, three different needles, and 6-stranded floss.
- As is the case with Mia Rosa, the course is hosted on the Hummingbird Highway website.
If you decide to purchase the course, log-in to the website to access the course content, wait for your kit to arrive and then start stitching!
Complete the course and the project at your own pace. No deadlines, stress, or pressure. Close-up photographs, detailed written instructions, and short videos are found within the 18-lesson online course.
What's Included in the Piazza Stitchery Crossover online course?
- Unlimited access to course materials.
- Learn at your own pace. No deadlines or pressure
- 18 lessons, each with 1-3 topics.
- Detailed instructions and tons of color photographs.
- A Lite kit that includes just what you need. Stitching and quilting fabric, three small spools of thread, three different needles, and floss to match your fabric choice. Only the most essential supplies.
- Instructions to make a fun mug mat or wall hanging (or beginnings of something bigger) and hands-on chance to learn the Crossover technique skills.
- Share your progress online in a private Facebook group and and during periodic virtual meetings (via Zoom)
To enroll in the Piazza Stitchery Crossover Course, click on the GREEN BUTTON below to get started. Watch your email for more information on accessing your course shortly afterward. Once your essentials kit arrives in the mail, start stitching! Don't delay, and don't miss this opportunity!