This project seems to be coming toward conclusion at long last!
It started years ago as a stack of 4" pinwheel blocks. And it came out of storage earlier this year. With progress a little at a time, it then became a quilt center, then borders added a place to experiment with a new-to-me tool (Sue Pelland's Leaves Galore Template).
The center is quilted, and this week, I have moved to quilting the spaces between the flowers.
I decided to do random 'boxes' of corduroy-type lines. Once the pattern has filled the spaces, it kinda looks a little like coloring lines. I hope the effect will puff the flowers and stems and squish down the dark background color.
Since this part is all free motion quilting, it's getting done quickly - I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!
I made one pass around the border along the inside of the flower vines, and I am now working around the quilt edge one more time along outer edge of the quilt, from the vines outward.
I haven't decided which fabric to use for the binding, although that decision is coming soon! It will be SO nice to have this one done and on to its new home!
Leave a Reply